Ministry of Information and Communications Technology
HE Eng. Mothanna Gharaibeh
Led the office of Ericsson International Company, which provided telecommunication systems and solutions in Jordan.
• Was responsible for a number of digital transformation projects, in addition to building and updating infrastructure of telecommunication companies.
• Managed projects and investments of USD 15-20 million dollars annually.
• Worked with Ericson in many projects in the area, where he managed telecommunication expansion project in the Syrian countryside between 2006 and 2008.
• Engaged in launching Al-Nawras for Telecommunications in Sultanate of Oman from 2005-2006.
• Worked in short term missions to implement projects or to conclude agreements with Ericsson in Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Qatar, Cyprus and Afghanistan.
• A former member of the leadership team in Ericsson designated to build Express network between 2003-2004.
• Elected as a member of the board of directors of the Information and Communications Technology Association (Intaj) in 2017.
• Managed the Business Environment Development Committee within Intaj board of directors.
• A member of the board of directors of Justice Center for Legal Aid, an association seeking legal empowerment of the society, providing awareness services and consultation for all society members and legal representation of those who are financially unable to hire attorneys.
• A member of the board of directors of “Taqaddam Lel Ordun” platform to make Jordan a democratic, open, producing, green and safe country.
• A graduate of Yarmouk University in Telecommunication Engineering in 2003 • Engaged in a leadership course at Aspen Institute in USA.
• Joined an executive education program for economic development at Harvard University.
• Engaged in the European Union Young Leaders visit program in Brussels and Strasbourg.
• Joined several technical and leadership courses during his work at Ericsson in many countries of the world.
Established in April 2002, the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology [MoICT] is the government entity responsible for articulating policy in the areas of Information Technology, Telecommunications, and Post in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The sectors within Information Technology (IT) and Telecommunications are identified as particular drivers and enablers of economic and social growth. MoICT has overall responsibility for the achievement of National goals and objectives within ICT, and has various means and relationships at its disposal through which to achieve them. MoICT accordingly has broad powers of oversight and action within the sectors that comprise ICT.
In addition to developing, incubating, and supporting ICT initiatives at a national level, the Ministry’s mandate includes stimulating local and foreign technology investments as well as promoting awareness and adoption of ICT by all segments by all segments of the population, in an all-inclusive approach.
The Ministry, through a dynamic public-private partnership process, works to create, promote, and drive new ICT opportunities in Jordan, which will facilitate the positioning of the Kingdom as a regional player in technology adoption and development, a key step to creating a knowledge-based economy.
- PO Box
- Eighth Circle Bayader Wadi Essir - Hosni Sobar Street - Building Number 3
- (962) 6 5805700, (962) 6 5805600
- ZIP Code
- +962 65861059