Land Transport Regulatory commission
1. Commission Establishment
The Public Transport Regulatory Commission was established in 16/11/2001 according to the Temporary Public Transport of Passengers Law number (48) for the year 2001. The main headquarters of the Commission is in
2. Commission Branches in the Kingdom
Northern Region: Its center is in Irbid governorate and serves the governorates of:
Irbid, Jerash, Mafraq and Ajloun
Middle Region: Its center is in Al-Zarqa governorate and serves:
The governorate of the Capital Amman, Zarqa governorate, Madaba governorate and Al-Balqa’ governorate.
Southern Region: Its center is in Al-Kerak governorate and serves:
Kerak governorate, Ma’an governorate, Tafilah governorate and Aqaba governorate
3. Public Transport Regulatory Commission Objectives:
· To regulate and supervise public transport services
· To meet the demands for public transport services and to ensure the provision of good standard services at a suitable cost .
· To encourage competition and prevent monopoly in the public transport sector
· To encourage investment in the public transport sector to achieve the goals of social and economic development in the Kingdom
· To determine the suitable standards and set the necessary specifications for means and facilities of public transport in order to achieve public safety.
· To contribute in the protection of the environment in cooperation with the concerned institutions and parties
- info@ Ltrc.gov.jo
- PO Box
- Amman- Tabarbor- Al-Aqsa Street - Building Number 160
- (962) 5100500
- ZIP Code
- (962) 5164819