Issuance of first-time importer electronic card
- Ministry of Industry, Trade and Supplies/Trade Directorate / import-export section
- Industry and trade department in Balqa, Mafraq, Irbid, Karak, Zarqa, Tafileh and Maan
- 10JD paid one time for registration in the importers record
- 15JD for the original copy of import card (electronic)
- 0.2JD for revenue stamps on each copy of the import card
- Required Documents
- Persons benefiting from the service
- Related Services
Conditions for obtaining serviceThe presence of the person concerned or their proxy
Partner institutions:Companies’ Controller Department/ industry and commerce chambers/GAM/ Municipalities Ministry/ Income and Sales Tax Department/Jordan Custom Department
1. The concerned official at the section checks the trade register of the applicant for the existence of a card. In case conditions are not met, the official rejects the application.
2. The importer card form is filled by the applicant or their proxy and necessary document are presented to the official for checking.
3. The application is checked and referred to the representatives of the tax department, Greater Amman Municipality (GAM), Amman Chamber of Commerce/Industry, who are based in the ministry to check the application and obtain their approvals.
4. Fees for registration in the importers’ register, electronic card and revenue stamps are paid at the ministry’s treasurer.
5. The data are entered into the system and one copy of a non-negotiable importer card is printed.
6. The card and the application are double checked by the official and presented to the person authorized to sign for signature, then the card is sealed with the official seal and with the “an electronic non-negotiable importer’s card” seal.
7. The card is presented to the applicant and the application is archived.
1. Depositing a 10,000JD bank guarantee in favor of the Income and Sales Tax Department for one year and obtaining a letter from this department stating that the guarantee has been deposited.
2. A recent copy of the company’s registration certificate or a merchant registration certificate (from the Companies’ Controller or the Central Registration directorates)
3. a recent copy of the trade name certificate if the applicant has one (from the Central Registration Directorate).
4. A copy of a valid certificate of membership in an industry or commerce chamber (Jordan Chamber of Commerce or Jordan Chamber of Industry)
5. An original valid profession -practicing license and a copy of it
6. A copy of the income and sales tax registration certificate
7. A letter of authorization by the person concerned in the name of the applicant, signed by the person authorized for the trade register and certified by a commerce or industry chamber, provided that the certification took place less than one week prior to the submission of the application
8. A certified copy of the general or special power of attorney, provided that the certification took place less than one week prior to the submission of the application
Persons benefiting from the serviceImporters
FilesNo Found Files
Was it useful?