1. This is a Government of Jordan Portal (hereinafter: the Website). Thank you for examining our privacy statement.
2. If you are only browsing this Website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the Website. We also obtain this information when you send any queries to us.
3. If you choose to make an application or send us a query e-mail for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorized to carry out specific Government services.
4. In case any information is collected, it shall be used improve the content of our Website and to personalize the content for you. It may also be used to notify our users about any updates for our website.
5. This website does not normally use "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. If cookies are in use and you have your cookies notification option activated on your browser the system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. This will slow down your online experience and prevent you from utilizing certain features of this Portal. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.). Under no circumstances will the Government use any type of cookie to:
a. Retrieve any information from your computer that is not part of the cookie we sent to you;
b. Write any code, as part of the cookie, that could be harmful to your computer.
6. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies. This Website employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Website, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
7. This Website may contain links to other Government and non-Government websites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
8. The Government will continually review and up-date its security procedures as new technologies become available and new activities are introduced. Any third party to whom the information is transferred should be made aware of these security practices and is also required to take reasonable precautions to protect the transferred information.
9. The Government takes all reasonable measures to ensure that the information it holds is accurate. In particular it uses reliable collection methods and destroys or converts to an anonymous form any out-of-date data.