Royal Cultural Center
The Royal Cultural Center
Cultural, literary and artistic life in Jordan has witnessed significant developments during the reign of the late King Hussein, God rest his soul. In addition, cultural and intellectual activities have flourished and diversified. As a result, it has become necessary to establish a center to sponsor and cultivate such activity and enable it to carry out its vital role in the service of society and all Jordanians and to work on its development and prosperity.
Therefore, the Royal Cultural Center was established, and the official opening was in March 1983, marking the beginning of a new era in cultural and intellectual life. This was a major step in services the state provides to all citizens, artists and intellectuals concerned with matters of private intellect.
The Royal Cultural Center has contributed to the development of cultural, literary and artistic life; it has also helped in creating the right atmosphere for creativity, artistic work and the development of arts and literature in Jordan. Its establishment is a true expression of the country’s appreciation of creative expression and its requirements in terms of artistic, human and material resources. Such artistic and creative expression are considered important basis in the advancement of a nation and its people, and in leading them towards advancement, civilization and development.
Since its establishment, people in charge of the Royal Cultural Center have realized that diversity in the fields of culture, arts and literature requires that various facilities be made available according to certain specifications, taking into consideration the specificity of the place, its conformity with the nature and type of each activity.
The various activities including lectures, seminars, festivals, plays, art galleries and others require the provision of various and specific requirements for each activity. These include lighting, sound and special effects that rely on modern and sophisticated equipment. The Ministry of Culture has adhered to providing all of that and at the best levels in a way that would serve cultural, social, national and pan-Arab goals; goals that the Ministry adopts and works on achieving stemming from a leading and developmental role that the Ministry plays in society; a role that keeps close ties between culture and development.
Through its profound and conscious understanding of the role of culture and its effect in enacting and activating cultural life in Jordan, the center has contributed in the following:
· Preparation of various cultural and artistic activities in accordance with the center’s resources and circumstances, and in line with the directives of the Ministry of Culture and the new developments in local, Arab and international cultural life.
· One of the most prominent activities that the
· Being a part of the Ministry of Culture, the center is keen to play a role in enacting and activating cultural life in addition to its main role of hosting cultural activities. These include The Amman Theatre Days Festival, Children’s Music Festival and the Jordan Theatre Festival.
· Conducting and hosting joint activities with cultural bodies and establishments from different governerates throughout the Kingdom with the purpose of diversifying and utilizing the experiences of creative individuals from those governerates.
· Conducting cultural activities in the governerates in coordination and collaboration with the different cultural bodies in light of available resources. The purpose of these activities is to enrich cultural and artistic life in the governerates making culture available for all and not restricted to the capital, and at the same time respecting intellectual pluralism to achieve the common interest for all.
· Working on reinforcing intellectual and artistic tendencies and qualifying national culture, being part of the one Arab culture closely related to Islam with strong reason, itself also a part of the comprehensive universal human culture.
- PO Box
- 19193 960440
- Sports City, Next to Ministry of Interior, Queen Alia Street, Building No. 22
- (962) 6 581 6181
- ZIP Code
- (962) 6 581 6115