Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates
H.E.Mr. Ayman Al Safadi
The Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates was established in August 1939. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates seeks to achieve the objectives of the Jordanian foreign policy and to protect the higher national interests inside and outside Jordan, by depending on established principles and commitments to directives and legislation using the method of group action.
The most important of the Ministry’s objectives can be summarized in the following:
· Defining the foreign policy, following up on it, and implementing it in accordance with directives concerned.
· Representing the Kingdom in other countries and in international and regional organizations.
· Organizing the Kingdom’s links with international and regional states and organizations, and sponsoring and following-up on political, economic, cultural and other relations with them.
· Organizing the relations of accredited foreign missions in the Kingdom with Jordanian officials and local parties.
· Studying and preparing treaties and agreements with international and regional states and organizations, and adopting measures to implement and maintain them and to continue their implementation in cooperation and coordination with parties concerned.
· Managing negotiations with international and regional states and organizations in cooperation and coordination with parties concerned and in line with the Kingdom’s policy and interests.
· Participating in the representation of the Kingdom at international conferences.
· Maintaining and protecting the interests of Jordanians abroad.
The Ministry performs these duties through a qualified staff, in addition to fifty-four embassies, two permanent missions, four consulates and one representative office.
- PO Box
- Amman, Queen Alia Airport Street
- ZIP Code