Cancellation of a trade name
5-10 minutes for the entire process (starting the submission of the application)
Ministry of Industry, Trade and Supply/ The Central Trade & Industrial Registration Directorate/ Trade Registration Section/ industry and trade departments in all governorates
- 0.200JD for stamps
- In case there is a proxy, 5JD is charged for the general power of attorney and 2JD for the special power of attorney.
- 27JD is charged in case a lawyer is the representative via a letter of attorney.
- Required Documents
- Persons benefiting from the service
- Related Services
Conditions for obtaining service- The applicant should appear in person or send a proxy with a general or special power of attorney, whose original copy should be presented. - Partners should be present if the trade name is owned by a company, unless they are represented by a proxy via a letter of attorney or general or special power of attorney, whose original copy should be presented. - A quietus should be presented in case the purposes of company include import/export or in case it was a bakery.
Partner institutions:- The ministry’s Trade Directorate - The ministry’s Reserves Directorate
1. The applicant takes a number from the machine (category A).
2. The form concerning modification of data in the commercial agents and intermediaries’ register is electronically filled by the trade registration clerk.
3. Fees are paid to ministry’s treasurer and the receipt is presented to the trade registration clerk.
4. The trade registration clerk double-checks and signs the certificate and presents it to the applicant.
- The official ID card or passport of the applicant
- In case the concerned person is not present, their representative should present a general or special power of attorney.
- In case the company in question is under liquidation, the liquidator should appear in person and present the liquidation document duly stamped by the Companies Controller Directorate.
Persons benefiting from the serviceMerchants (individual and corporate establishments); charities and NGOs
FilesNo Found Files
Was it useful?